Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Foursquare CEO Crowley: “We Do Location Better Than Anybody Else”
Dec 7, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Foursquare has come a long way from its early days as a social “check-in” app. Along the way, the company repositioned its app as a Yelp competitor; now the company is substantially focused on “place insights” and “location intelligence” for enterprises. Earlier this year, Foursquare introduced its advertising platform, “Pinpoint.” Foursquare works directly with advertisers […]
- What Every Marketer Should Know About Social Audience Engagement
Dec 7, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Using psychographics and social behavior data, marketers can now go beyond demographic targeting to create completely custom audiences. We can understand what consumers love, what they want, and even what they are going to do next. On Tuesday, December 15, join Bob Ciccone and Chris Leet of Netbase in this webcast to learn about an […]
- DataHero Adds Support For Google AdWords Reporting
Dec 7, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
AdWords is the latest marketing service supported by the reporting and analysis platform, joining Google Analytics, Salesforce, HubSpot and others.
- Don’t Procrastinate — SMX West Rates Increase Next Week
Dec 7, 2015 by Search Engine Land
You can register for SMX West any time and get the latest SEO and SEM tactics. But why wait? Register now and save $300. Join us for the most comprehensive search engine marketing conference anywhere. You get three days of tactics, hacks and strategies that will improve SEM and SEO performance. Customize the experience by choosing […]
- Now Get A Second Line Of Structured Snippets In Adwords Text Ads
Dec 7, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Google may show two lines of structured snippets when eligible.
- Site Redesign & Migration Tips To Avoid SEO & UX Disasters
Dec 7, 2015 by Modestos Siotos
Planning to overhaul your website? Check out contributor Modestos Siotos’ tips to help you minimize the potential negative impact of a site relaunch.
- How To Get Google Review Links After The G+ Update
Dec 7, 2015 by Greg Gifford
The recent update separating Google Business pages from Google + has left old review links broken, but columnist Greg Gifford shares how you can generate new ones.
- Stop Using Desktop Conversions For Mobile Search: 6 Strategies To Help Drive Mobile Calls
Dec 7, 2015 by Wesley Young
Using strategies and metrics such as PPC and CTR that are meant to drive clicks instead of calls can hurt your ad performance. Columnist Wesley Young takes a look at targeted strategies that optimize ads to drive mobile phone calls.
- Google Place Actions Rich Snippet Markup Documentation Posted & Then Removed From Developer Portal
Dec 7, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google’s book an appointment, place an order or make a reservation rich snippet markup was available on Friday but then removed over the weekend.
- Google Android App Update Aimed At Musician, Actor, TV Show & Movie Searches
Dec 7, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Google says latest refresh makes it easier to find info on things like song lyrics, movie casts, TV show recommendations and showtimes.
- Why We Don’t Buy: Consumer Attitudes On Shopping Cart Abandonment
Dec 4, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Most online retailers experience a high rate of cart abandonment and are searching for effective strategies to bring shoppers back without annoying them. For this paper from Bronto Software, more than 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping cart technology, expectations for marketing when they abandon a cart and more. This report: Explains […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Smartphone Data: Android Regains Share, But Apple Maps Wins The iPhone
- ZigZag: The New Consumer Journey Zeitgeist
- Twitter Is Now Displaying Fuller Versions Of Photos In Your Web Feed
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Email Marketing Results: Mobile Open Rates Exceed 60%
- 5 Things New Advertisers Need To Know About Google AdWords Campaign Settings
- SEO So Simple A Child Can Do It: In 5 Easy Steps
- Data & Analytics In 2016: Superstar Industry Experts Weigh In
- MarTech Today: Next MarTech Wave, Site Search & Google Local One Box
- Unlocking The Hidden Value Of Dynamic Number Insertion
- Twitter Releases 2015 Year In Review With Top Trends, Topics, Moments & More
- Shareaholic: Twitter Sharing Drops 11% After Twitter Kills Share Counts
- New Report From Fetch: TV Ads Boost App Installs
Search News From Around The Web:
- In search of a European Google, The Guardian
Local & Maps
- Google Local Spam – An A for Effort, a Z for a Zillion & an F for Google, Mike Blumenthal
- The Google Earth API gets a temporary reprieve, Google Earth Blog
- SEO Drops All Disavowed Links & Google Traffic Soars, Search Engine Roundtable
- Search Engine Censys Knows the Internet’s Dirty Little Security Secrets, MIT Technology Review
- Answer: A polymath’s adventure, SearchReSearch
- Bing Testing Larger News Story Thumbnails in Search Results, thesempost.com
- How to Classify Images with TensorFlow, Official Google Research Blog
- How Machine Learning Impacts the Google Search Ranking Algo, thesempost.com
- SEO Split-Testing: How to A/B Test Changes for Google, Moz
- Using PageRank for internal link optimisation, State of Digital
SEM / Paid Search
- Using PPC Strategy Roadmaps, PPC Hero
The post SearchCap: Google AdWords Snippets, Google Place Rich Snippets & Google Entertainment Results appeared first on Search Engine Land.