Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How To Prep For The Pending Penguin Update & Ensure You’re Penalty Free In 2016
Nov 17, 2015 by Erin Everhart
The next Penguin update is coming soon, according to a Google spokesperson. Columnist Erin Everhart outlines what you can do to prepare.
- Use Google’s Search Console API & Pivot Tables To Supercharge Your Long-Tail SEO
Nov 17, 2015 by Chris Liversidge
Columnist Chris Liversidge explains how you can use the Search Analytics API to glean insights from your search query data in Google Search Console.
- Can Yahoo Gemini Succeed In Search? SEM Execs Weigh In
Nov 17, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Yahoo’s foray back into search advertising faces a mountain of challenges, from volume to functionality. Industry executives share their thoughts on Gemini’s trials, promise and future.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Mobile Marketer Ubimo Adds Politics As A Data Layer For Ad Targeting
- E-Commerce Activity Climbing, While Electronics Top Non-Branded Search Terms
- Bitly Launches Tool For Channelizing Its Short Links
- Most Social Media Management Tools Still Lack “Emergency Stop” Button For Times Of Tragedy
- 5 Days. 5 Small Marketing Wins. 5 Minutes Each.
- Auto-Tune for Marketing: Tips For Using Analytics To Plan, Execute And Adjust Your Marketing Strategy In Real Time
- The Product Search Battle: Has Google Shopping Been More Successful Against Amazon Than Google Lets On?
- Why Digital Marketing Should Join The Sharing Economy
- How To Stay On Top Of Content, PR And Performance
- MarTech Today: Bombora’s B2B Intent, Notablist Pro & Google Natural Language Search
- Here’s How Marketing Tech Is Different This Holiday Season
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Glass team is working on a wearable that isn’t glasses, The Verge
- Google will contest Russian antitrust regulators’ “unfounded” Android decision, Ars Technica
Local & Maps
- Get ahead this Thanksgiving with Google Maps, Google LatLong
- Google Linking To Twitter Search Results In Their Search Results, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Search URLs Get A Cleaning, Search Engine Roundtable
- AMP – Accelerated Mobile Pages Will Be Pushed Aggressively in 2016, thesempost.com
- Answer: Fake or real? How do you know?, SearchReSearch
- Google’s Gary Illyes Wants Google Now To Power E-Commerce Transactions, Search Engine Roundtable
- Is RankBrain’s Artificial intelligence not just part of Google’s Knowledge Graph?, Seo Cardiff
- Yet Another Update: Yandex News Q4 2015, Russian Search Marketing
- Apple’s App Store Gets A Smarter Search Engine, TechCrunch
- Basic SEO training: clear call-to-action, yoast.com
- Blogging for Local SEO – 3 Companies Doing It Right, semrush.com
- Building SEO into your WordPress Blog, Dizzain.com
- Gary Illyes’ Recommendations for Getting Featured Snippets, thesempost.com
- Google Search Console Search Analytics Data Stuck At November 11th, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Wants to Allow Site Owners to Update Knowledge Panels, thesempost.com
- Google: Schema & Structured Data Not Currently Used For Featured Snippets, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Many URLs & Duplicates Google Knows About, thesempost.com
- Structured Data Markup Does Not Influence Featured Snippets… Yet, thesempost.com
- Use Screaming Frog to Quickly Focus Your SEO Efforts, State of Digital
SEM / Paid Search
- Preparing for universal ads in DCM, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Fetching invalid product offers in Content API, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Keyword Mining And Growth Is Still Important, PPC Hero
- Small Business Marketing Tactics: Beating Big Brands, Digital Third Coast
The post SearchCap: Yahoo Gemini, Google Search Console & Penguin Update appeared first on Search Engine Land.