Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Offline Search & Turn-By-Turn Navigation Come To Google Mobile Maps
Nov 10, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Earlier this year, at Google’s May developer conference, the company announced that Google Maps search and turn-by-turn navigation will be available offline. Today it’s starting to roll out this capability to Android users and later to iOS. Users will be able to search Maps offline and get directions with a weak or non-existent connection: You […]
- Overstock Blames Change To Google Search Rankings For Hurting Its Growth
Nov 10, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Overstock.com says it was hit by a change in Google’s search ranking algorithm, hurting growth. Its stock dropped 18% based on the earnings report news.
- Learning From Link-Building Content Failure
Nov 10, 2015 by Julie Joyce
Sometimes our failures teach us more than our successes. Columnist Julie Joyce discusses how best to use content failure to your advantage.
- Get To Know Your Users With Audience Insights From AdWords
Nov 10, 2015 by Laura Collins
What do you really know about your audience? Columnist Laura Collins shows how the Audience Insights report feature can help you better target your users — and perhaps even discover new ones.
- New: Google Search Console Fetch & Render Shows Severity Of Blocked Resources
Nov 10, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google added a new feature to the blocked resources report in the fetch and render tool within the Google Search Console.
- 6 Reasons Visitors Hate Your Website
Nov 10, 2015 by Sponsored Content: Surgo Group
“Should I stay or should I go?” It’s a decision that most visitors subconsciously make when landing on your website. The time you have to capture their interest is brief, and their willingness to stay is affected by various factors. What exactly can you do to guarantee that they don’t bounce? The majority of website […]
- Study: Siri Beats Google Now, Cortana In Performance & Overall Satisfaction
Nov 9, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Contrary to some industry perceptions, Siri is apparently not the virtual assistant laggard, but the leader. That’s according to a hands-on user study conducted by Expert Exchange. Siri beat Google (Now) and Cortana in overall user satisfaction and across a number of specific tasks. Amazon Echo was not part of the study. While the number […]
- Google AdWords Adds Mobile Bid Adjustment Simulator, First Position Estimates
Nov 9, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
New tools now available to all advertisers to inform manual bid optimizations.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Adobe Becomes A Second-Party Data Matchmaker With The Release Of Its Audience Marketplace
- Top 10 YouTube Video Ads In October: Mattel Debuts At No. 1 With “Imagine The Possibilities”
- Marketing Organizations Must Optimize, Or They Will Fail The Enterprise
- “Facebook Live” Adds A Subscribe Button; Vin Diesel Had 1 Million Live Viewers
- Instagram Introduces Partner Program To Help Businesses Market Better On Instagram
- The Holidays Are Around The Corner: Here’s How To Prep Your Influencers And Digital Teams
- Pinterest’s New Visual Search Results Won’t Have Ads
- Why Synergistic Email Marketing Makes Sense
- Customer Engagement Provider TouchCommerce Enters Social With A “Let’s Step Over Here” Feature
- MarTech Today: Pinterest’s In-Pin Search, Mintigo Evolves & Hedy Lamarr
- Demandbase Integrates Its WhoToo Acquisition So Marketers Can Target Departments Inside Companies
- Facebook To Fight Belgian Court Mandate To Stop Tracking Browsing Behavior
- With Copyright Reform, Is Europe About To Declare “War On The Hyperlink”?
- comScore To Support AMP Project, Better Tracking Of Accelerated Mobile Pages
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Earth 3D Imagery progress report, Google Earth Blog
- Google My Business Enables Latitude & Longitude Data For Select Countries, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Disavow File Has A 2MB File Size Limit, Search Engine Roundtable
- Has SerenataFlowers.com been hit by a Manual Link Penalty?, sistrix.com
- How To Build White Hat Backlinks With Online Tools, blog.ahrefs.com
- Majestic Sees 22% increase in Domains in 80 days, Majestic Blog
- Recalculating PageRank, SEO By The Sea
- Stop the Local SEO Tunnel Vision & Think Beyond the Basics, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
- New tools and insights to optimize your Shopping campaigns this holiday, Inside AdWords
- How to Reduce Cost Per Lead in Google AdWords, verticalmeasures.com
- Your Chance at Making A Good Impression, PPC Hero
- Google Looking for App Developers for Research Study, thesempost.com
The post SearchCap: Overstock’s Google Decline, Google Search Console Severity Label & Offline Google Maps appeared first on Search Engine Land.