Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- 6 Things To Know Before Using Facebook For Local Search, And 6 Reasons FB Search Can Dominate
Nov 9, 2015 by Wesley Young
Now that Facebook’s Universal Search includes public posts, columnist Wesley Young takes a look at the pros and cons of using Facebook for Local Search.
- Google News Editors’ Picks Now Contains App Links
Nov 9, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
After two months of asking Google News Publishers to add their app links in the Google News Publisher Center, the Editor’s Picks is now showing App download icons.
- Android 6 “Marshmallow” & SEO Series: Sponsored Google Now Cards
Nov 9, 2015 by Cindy Krum
How might Android Marshmallow’s new features impact the future of mobile search? In part two of a three-part series on the topic, contributor Cindy Krum discusses Google Now Price Alerts cards and Visually Similar Products.
- Long-Time SEO & Industry Speaker Aaron Shear Passes Away
Nov 9, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
The SEM industry mourns the loss of Aaron Shear, a well-respected long-time SEO.
- Hedy Lamarr Google Doodle Honors Hollywood Star Who Invented “Frequency Hopping” Technology
Nov 9, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Known as the most beautiful woman in the world, Lamarr created the technology that laid the groundwork for Bluetooth, GPS and WiFi.
- Search and the Local-Mobile Consumer: What’s A Marketer to Do?
Nov 9, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Search is constantly evolving, as technology improves and consumer behavior shifts. Local consumers now use mobile technology more, which has affected how marketers engage with and convert the local shopper. This means search must be an integral part of a strong media strategy, but it isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach. On Thursday, December 3, hear from […]
- Twitter Debunks Mobile Ad Myths At SocialPro Next Week. Register Today!
Nov 9, 2015 by Search Engine Land
Maximize the payoff on your social media marketing efforts by attending Marketing Land’s SocialPro conference next week! Discover proven tactics, strategies and tools that will drive ROI on your social media campaigns. A limited number of All Access Passes are still available, so register today! New Addition To The Program We are pleased to announce […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- WordPress Used On 25 Percent Of All Websites [Report]
- Snapchat Hits 6 Billion Daily Video Views
- Writing Ad Copy That Converts
- First Things First: Get Your Mobile Tracking Right.
- Why Programmatic Advertising Fraud Exists
- Are Ad Blockers Killing The Digital Economy? Views From Web Summit
- KPI Frameworks: Bringing Order To KPI Chaos To Prioritize E-Commerce Optimization Efforts
- MarTech Today: Yahoo’s Image Search, Constant Contact’s Future & Google Tablet Interface
- Mintigo Moves From Predicting Prospects To Reeling Them In
- Pinterest Launches In-Pin Search To Help Users Pinpoint Specific Items
- Intermediary Liability In Duffy Case Could Turn Google, Facebook Into Content Police
- Health Campaign Gets Sexy With Ashanti Video And Interactive Hashtag #DrinkUpAshanti
Search News From Around The Web:
- SMX Israel 2015, Kerstin Reichert
- TC Summit 2015: Celebrating our Webmaster Top Contributors!, Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
- Why Manual Link Building Will Never Be Obsolete, EricWard.com
- [New Feature Alert] We Just Started Tracking Redirect Chains, blog.ahrefs.com
- Answer: The story behind a beautiful white flower?, SearchReSearch
- Google Is Asking What You’re Looking For (Again), serptests.com
- 3 Core Pieces of the SEO Puzzle to Boost Your Enterprise Success, Moz
- Getting Started with .htaccess: a Guide for SEOs, Distilled
- Google Scholarly Articles Results Don’t Need Schema Markup, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Search Console Data Almost A Week Behind, Search Engine Roundtable
- Here’s Why Google Still Loves Wikipedia, Stone Temple
- Mobilegeddon 6 Months Later: 5 Tips for Smart Astronauts, semrush.com
- Search Analytics Data in Google Search Console Not Updating, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Make Better Projections With Excel’s “What-If” Analysis, PPC Hero
- Using Search Funnels To Measure Branded Performance, PPC Hero
- How to Demonstrate ROI outside of the E-commerce Sector, State of Digital
- Keyword Strategy and Mapping: How to Target Keywords to Web Pages, Digital Third Coast
The post SearchCap: Google News Apps, Android Marshmallow & Doodle For Hedy Lamarr appeared first on Search Engine Land.