Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google’s App Interstitial Giant Ad Penalty Is Now Live
Nov 3, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Yesterday, Google released an update to their mobile-friendly algorithm, penalizing sites using giant app install interstitial ads.
- Google My Business Enables Special Hours For Upcoming Holiday Hours
Nov 3, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Just in time for the holidays, you can now schedule special hours for your business based on holidays or special events.
- Matt Cutts, SEOs Around The World Share Their #SEOHorrorStories On Twitter
Nov 3, 2015 by Matt McGee
Hundreds of SEOs celebrate Halloween by tweeting their SEO nightmares, even pushing the #SEOHorrorStories hashtag into Twitter’s trends.
- Bing Ads Academy Launches To Offer Premium Customers In-Person And Online Training
Nov 3, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Content is aimed at helping customers both sell and manage Bing Ads more effectively.
- The Qualifier: Brand Protector, Time Saver & Outreach Humanizer
Nov 3, 2015 by Garrett French
In the fourth article of his series on creating the optimal enterprise link building team, columnist Garrett French discusses the role of the Qualifier.
- Video Optimization: Do Not Underestimate The Power Of YouTube
Nov 3, 2015 by Jim Yu
Billions of video views take place on YouTube every day. Is your brand capturing any of this traffic? Columnist Jim Yu explains how to optimize your videos for maximum exposure.
- Live Webcast — No Lead Untouched: How to Boost Lead Conversion
Nov 2, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
A recent study by Conversica revealed that B2B companies are spending 50 percent of their marketing and sales budgets generating leads that are never pursued. It’s a classic sales dilemma: How often do you reach out to a lead before moving on to the next one? In this November 19 webcast, Barry Levine and Gary […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- At IAB’s Ad Ops Conference, Ad Blocking & Header Bidding Rule
- Pinterest Is Rolling Out Buyable Pins For Android Users
- YouTube Opens Up To Third-Party Viewability Verification
- It’s not B2B or B2C, It’s B2 Human: Insights From GE Healthcare
- Why The New LinkedIn Group Changes Are A Community Manager’s Worst Nightmare
- 10 Tips For A Very Merry Email Marketing Holiday Season
- Goodbye Twitter Favorites; Twitter Replaces Stars With Hearts
- Livefyre Lights Up Its Rebuilt UGC Platform Today
- Amazon Opening Physical Bookstore In Seattle, Google Abandons Store In NYC
- A Field Guide To Amazon Advertising
- MarTech Today: IAB Gets Accreditation, Constant Contact Gets Bought & Android Marshmallow
- Zeta Interactive Buys eBay Enterprise’s Customer Marketing Division
- SEO Trended On Twitter Thanks To #SEOHorrorStories Hashtag
Search News From Around The Web:
- 9 Futuristic SEO Questions Answered by Top SEO Experts, theimarketingcafe.com
- Penguin Sweepstakes! When Will Google Penguin v4 Land?, SEOno
Local & Maps
- Google Places API Quietly Divorces Google+, Michael Cottam
- Google Street View fails to blur face of woman caught on camera peeing in alleyway in Almere, Netherlands, The Independent
- Milestones: “English Wikipedia Surpasses Five Million Articles”, LJ INFOdocket
- Bing Predicts goes 13-1 in Week 8, now 80-39 for the year, Bing Search Blog
- Google Search Bug Fixed After Many Internet Explorer Users Unable To Search Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- Are Duplicate URL Paths Killing Your eCommerce SEO?, InFlow
- Does Google Respect Robots.txt NoIndex and Should You Use It?, Stone Temple
- Google: Schema May Help With Securing Featured Snippets, Search Engine Roundtable
- LinkedIn: An Underappreciated Gem for SEO, Search Engine Guide
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Ways to Conquer the PPC Keyword Tools Plateau, Metric Theory
- New Google Shopping Insights Tool, PPC Hero
- Trust-Based PPC Marketing, PPC Hero
- Who’s Leading the 2016 Presidential Election in Paid Search, AdGooroo
- How to Generate New Keyword Ideas, KoMarketing
- Will Search Engines Outsmart Marketers One Day?, Kiss Metrics
The post SearchCap: Google App Interstitial Penalty, Bing Ads Academy & SEO Horror Stories appeared first on Search Engine Land.